When you start to grow closer to your best friend, it is only natural that you would want to find a nickname for him or her. These fun nicknames for best friends are designed for your closest buddies. There are 200 male and 200 female names on the list, although some of them can be used for other gender.
200 Fun Nicknames for Best Friends for Girls
1. Bae: This is an obvious option. While it is often used for boyfriends or girlfriends, you can definitely use it for best friends as well.
2. Second Chair: Use this for a friend who is always a follower.
3. Angel: This is always a sweet option for a best friend.
4. Braniac: This name works for your smartest friends.
5. Boo: This is an adorable, fun nickname for best friends who are extremely close to each other.
6. Calculus: This works well for a friend who is great at math.
7. Amiga: In Spanish, this name means friend.
8. Numbers: This is great for a friend who is good at numbers.
9. Bestie: This is one of the more obvious options for your closest friends.
10. Cauldron: This is an interesting choice.
11. Barbie: If your best friend is as beautiful as a barbie doll, then this would be a great name for her.
12. Pax: This name means peace in Latin, so it is great for a peacemaker.
13. BFF: This acronym stands for best friend forever.
14. Trouble: Great for a friend who is always in trouble.
15. Babe: While you often hear this name for girlfriends, it also works for best friends as well.
16. Enigma: Ideal for a friend who no one can understand.
17. B: This could stand for best friend or b**ch—you get to choose which.
18. Photon: A cute option for a friend who loves science.
19. Buttercup: This is an absolutely adorable nickname that is perfect for a friend who is as sweet as a buttercup.
20. Wonder Woman: Use this if your friend is your superhero.
21. BIFF: This stands for best friends for life, so it is the perfect name for someone who is your best friend for life.
22. Valedictorian: Great for smart, driven friends.
23. Bambi: If your best friend is shy, delicate or quiet, Bambi would be a fun nickname for her.
24. Smarty: An obvious option for a smart friend.
25. Babs: This is an adorable nickname for a friend who babbles and talks a lot.
26. Gillyweed: A cute nickname that comes fro the Harry Potter series.
27. Blossom: Use this for a friend who is as pretty and refreshing as a flower blossom.
28. Melody:Ideal for your musician friends.
29. Big Red: This is an adorable nickname that originally came from Bring It On.
30. Elf: A silly way to tease shorter friends.
31. Chica: In Spanish, this nickname means girl, but it is used as a term of endearment.
32. Sync: A great option for a friend who is really in sync with you.
33. Bee’s Knees: If your friend is truly the bee’s knees, this is the perfect nickname for her.
34. Gizmo: This name comes from the Gremlins.
35. Chickie: This is an adorable option that sounds a lot like the Spanish nickname, chica.
36. Scout: Perfect for a friend who is always searching for something or who loves hiking.
37. Clumsy: If your friend is a bit clumsy, this is an obvious option for her.
38. Mermaid: A great nickname for swimmers or divers.
39. Cherry: This is perfect for a sultry, sweet friend.
40. Sport: An ideal option for your sporty friends.
41. Cookie: What could be more adorable than Cookie?
42. Ziggy: This is a cute choice.
43. Care Bear: This is such a sweet term of endearment for your closest friends.
44. Flaca: This means thin in Spanish.
45. Crazy Eyes: Thanks to the Netflix show, Orange Is the New Black, this name is growing in popularity.
46. Ace: This is an adorable option.
47. Doll: This is perfect for a friend who is as delicate or pretty as a doll.
48. Moose: This sounds like a nickname for a clumsy friend.
49. Darling: Use this for a friend who is a darling to you.
50. Skipper: This is such an adorable name.
51. Diamond: If your friend is a precious gem to you, then this nickname certainly makes sense.
52. Parrot: Perfect for a friend who can’t stop talking.
53. Daisy: Flower names are always fun nicknames for best friends.
54. VIP: Ideal for a very important person in your life.
55. Dimples: Use this for a friend who has adorable dimples.
56. Squirrel: Use this for a friend who friends you of a squirrel.
57. Dearie: This is a sweet, easy name to go with. It is perfect for someone who is the dearest to you.
58. Cheddar: Perfect for a cheese-loving friend.
59. Firefly: This is an adorable option for a friend who knows how to light up your world.
60. Lynx: This is a cute option.
61. Daisy Duke: If your best friend likes to wear short shorts, then this name certainly makes sense.
62. Snickers: This name is great for a friend who loves to giggle or eat chocolate.
63. Flame: This is a fun option for a fiery, passionate friend.
64. Lioness: This is an adorable nickname.
65. Foxy: This is a great choice for a friend who is seductive and flirty.
66. Skittles:This is an adorable choice for a candy-loving friend.
67. Girlfriend: This remains a popular option for best friends everywhere.
68. Turtle: This works for a friend who is as slow as a turtle.
69. Feisty: This is a fun option that you don’t hear that often.
70. Twix: This is an adorable option.
71. Gangsta Baby: This is a sully, fun nickname for best friends.
72. Puma: This is a fun option.
73. Gorgeous: If you have a gorgeous, beautiful friend, then this would be a great name for her.
74. Swiss Miss: This name gets bonus points for rhyming.
75. Ginger: This is one of the most common names for red heads everywhere.
76. Otter: For a friend who is as playful as an otter.
77. Georgia: If your best friend is from the south, then this would be a wonderful name for her.
78. Salt: You can name your two best friends salt and pepper.
79. Heart: Use this name for the treasure of your heart.
80. Pepper: If one of your friend’s is named salt, the other can be named pepper.
81. Giggles: This nickname for best friends is an adorable choice if your friend is always full of laughter.
82. Jaguar: This is a fun choice.
83. Itsy Bitsy: This is perfect for a friend who is is tiny and cute.
84. Cannoli: This is such an adorable name.
85. Gem: This is the perfect name for a gem of a friend.
86. Lobster: Use this name for a friend who burns easily.
87. Honey: Use this for sweet, wonderful friends.
88. Chili: Use this for a friend who is as hot as chili peppers.
89. Jelly: This is a cute name for a friend that everyone else is jealous of!
90. Goose: A cute choice.
91. Goldie: If your friend has golden, blonde hair, choose this name.
92. Hot Sauce: For your spicier friends.
93. Joy: This is a lovely name for a best friend who knows how to bring joy to your life.
94. Pretzel: For flexible friends.
95. Hun: This nickname is a shortened form of Honey.
96. Spice: An adorable choice.
97. Juliet: If your friend is a hopeless romantic like Romeo and Juliet, go with this option.
98. Cheerio: For a cheery friend.
99. Inspi: This fun nickname for best friends is short for inspiration.
100. Yogi: This is perfect for a friend who loves doing yoga.
101. Loca: In Spanish, this term means crazy.
102. Fair Weather: This is one way to tease a friend who disappears when times are tough.
103. Jewel: Use this nickname for a friend who shines out like a jewel.
104. Biscuit: This is a cute option.
105. Lala: This is perfect if your friend has a habit of daydreaming and being off in Lala Land.
106. Namaste: Ideal for a yoga-loving friend.
107. Jujubee: Is it possible to find a name cuter than Jujubee?
108. Dorito: A cute nickname for a friend who likes Doritos.
109. Lovely: This is an excellent way to show how much you care about your lovely friend.
110. Chicken Wing: Great for a friend who is as thin as a chicken or who likes eating chicken wings.
111. Love Bug: This is one of the best fun nicknames for best friends.
112. Jello: This is a cute name.
113. Kitty: This is a fun nickname for friends who remind you of a cat.
114. Teddy Gram: This is an adorable option.
115. Luv: This is a shortened, cute way of saying love.
116. Heavenly: For a friend who is heaven on earth.
117. Cat/Kat: These are excellent nicknames for anyone who is named Katherine or Katie.
118. Serene: For a peaceful, loving friend.
119. Mama: This is a fun option.
120. Divine: Cute!
121. Luna: In Spanish, this term of endearment means moon.
122. Amorcita: In Spanish, this name means little love.
123. Missy: This is perfect for a young friend.
124. Dumpling: This is an adorable option.
125. Lippy: Use this for a friend who has a tendency to get lippy.
126. Bebe: This is a fun nickname for best friends.
127. Monkey: If your friend is full of energy and has a mischievous nature, go with this option.
128. Gumdrop: This nickname wins bonus points for being adorable.
129. Mamacita: Use this for a friend who has children.
130. Taco: Delicious!
131. Muggle: Obviously, this name will work well for your non-magic friends who love the Harry Potter book series.
132. Punk: For a rebellious friend.
133. Miss: This is always an adorable option.
134. Hermana: In Spanish, this name means sister.
135. Muppet: This is an adorable nickname for best friends.
136. Poppy: This nickname sounds very old-fashioned.
137. Missus: This is a good nickname if your friend recently got engaged or married.
138. Backbone: Ideal for a friend who always gives you strength.
139. Moonshine : This could be used for a friend who has a celestial quality like the moon or who loves to drink moonshine.
140. Cherie: A French name perfect for your dear one.
141. Maybe: This is excellent for a friend who can never seem to make up her mind.
142. Amor: This is the Spanish word for love.
143. Mini Me: This is perfect for a friend who always likes to follow your example and copy you.
144. Super Girl: For a friend who can really do anything she wants to in life.
145. Misty: This is an adorable nickname.
146. Poppyseed: This is a cute, delicious option.
147. Nun: If your friend is religious or lives a life as pure as a nun, then this name would make sense.
148. Senorita: Adorable!
149. Micro: This is an excellent nickname if your friend likes to micromanage everything.
150. Starlight: Great for a friend who shines like the starlight.
151. Nitty: This works well for a nit-picky friend.
152. Fiesta: This is perfect for a friend who really loves to party.
153. Old Gal: This is an easy, fun option.
154. Cinnamon: This is great for your spicy friends.
155. Nelly: This is perfect if your best friend is a real nervous Nelly.
156. Luz: This Spanish word means light.
157. Peachy: Use this for a friend who always seems like she is in a good mood.
158. Dolce: In Spanish, this name means sweet.
159. Old Lady: This is a sweet option for your older friends.
160. Ami: This is the French word for friend.
161. Olive: This is a cute choice.
162. Sugar: This is always a good choice for sweet friends.
163. Peach: This is perfect for a friend who has a positive attitude.
164. Bubble Gum: This is great for a friend who loves bubble gum.
165. Precious: This is ideal for a friend who is deeply precious to you.
166. Cupcake: Adorable!
167. Oldie: This is a way to tease a friend about being older than you or just acting like it.
168. Pop Tart: This nickname just sounds cute .
169. Queenie: This is a good nickname if your friend always acts like a queen.
170. Dots: This is an easy, cute option.
171. Pickle: This is great for a friend who likes pickles or who is always stuck in a pickle.
172. Sweet Tea: For friends who love sweet tea.
173. Pudding: This is a lovely, adorable nickname for best friends.
174. Dottie: This is such a cute choice.
175. Ritzy: Use this for a friend who has a flashy sense of style.
176. Honeybun: This is adorable.
177. Princess: This is ideal for a friend who acts like a princess.
178. Crumbles: This is a wonderful name for a dear, cute friend.
179. Red: This is excellent for a friend who has red hair or who blushes easily.
180. Grit: Perfect for a friend who is as tough as nails.
181. Queen: This is ideal for a friend who thinks that she is the Queen Bee.
182. Cowgirl Great for an equestrian friend.
183. Star: This is wonderful for a friend who shines out of a crowd with her sparkling personality.
184. Apple Jack: This just sounds cute.
185. Pear: Use this for someone who is as sweet as a pear.
186. Cajun: Perfect for a spicy friend.
187. Tasty: This nickname is another option that comes from Orange Is the New Black.
188. Shortcake: This is such a cute choice.
189. Rose: Use this name for someone who is as pretty as a rose.
190. Speedy: Use this for a fast, speedy friend.
191. Smiles: For a friend who is all smiles.
192. Strawberry: This is an excellent name for a strawberry blonde friend.
193. Toots: An adorable, old-fashioned nickname.
194. Gingersnap: This is such a sweet, spicy name.
195. Rum-Rum: For a friend who loves to drink.
196. Dear Heart: This is one of the best fun nicknames for best friends.
197. Twinkle Toes: For an excellent dancer.
198. Muffin: This is always a good option.
199. Sparkles: Perfect for a friend who has a sparkling personality.
200. Tart: This is such a sweet option to go with.
200 Fun Nicknames for Best Friends for Guys
1. Bear: This is a fun nickname for a best friend who is like a teddy bear.
2. Superman: A great option for a guy who is heroic like superman.
3. Ace: For a brilliant, talented guy.
4. Einstein: A way to tease someone about how smart they are.
5. Biggie: For a tall, large friend.
6. Giant: For gigantic friends.
7. Arrow: This is a cool name.
8. Iron Man: Superhero names are always fun nicknames for best friends.
9. Dumbledore: This would work well for someone who has a beard like Dumbledore.
10. Bo: This just sounds cute.
11. Beau: This is probably where Bo originated, and it is a French word for boyfriend.
12. Adieu: This sounds cool, but it just means goodbye in French.
13. Beanie: If your friend always wears a beanie, use this name for him.
14. Chico: This means boy or guy in Spanish.
15. Buddy: Wonderful for your best friend.
16. Ego: This works for a friend who is full of himself.
17. Boss: Use this for a guy who always thinks that he is the boss.
18. Big Head: A way to tease someone who has a huge ego.
19. Captain: Military nicknames are always fun.
20. Big Daddy: This is good for a friend who is also a dad or who just acts like the father of the group.
21. Tough Stuff: For a guy who thinks he is the toughest.
22. Brown Eyes: For your brown-eyed friends.
23. Nutter: For your crazy friend.
24. Bub: For a younger friend.
25. Amigo: This means friend in Spanish.
26. Bug: This is great for a small friend.
27. Lion: For a friend who is as courageous as a lion.
28. Bumpkin: For friends who love country living.
29. Falcon: Animal names are always fun nicknames for best friends.
30. Cheeky: For a friend who has a cheeky attitude.
31. Wit: Use this for a best friend who is witty or just thinks that he is.
32. Bubba: This is a surprisingly popular nickname in the American South.
33. Alpha: This works for the alpha guy in your group.
34. Chunky: This is a way to tease a friend about his weight, but use it carefully.
35. Rocket: For a speedy friend.
36. Buster: This is a cute option.
37. Admiral: Another military title that would be a great nickname.
38. Champ: An excellent name for a true champion.
39. Chatter Box: Perfect for someone who talks constantly.
40. Eagle: Use this for a friend who has eagle eyes.
41. Ladies’ Man: Perfect for a guy who is always popular with the ladies.
42. Chicken: This is a way to tease someone who is always nervous or paranoid.
43. Lucky: Perfect for a friend who is unusually lucky!
44. Cowboy: Use this for a friend who is a true cowboy.
45. Wake and Bake: This is self-explanatory.
46. Charmer: Perfect for charming guys.
47. Panther: Animal names are fun nicknames for best friends.
48. Dude: This is a common nickname.
49. Surfs Up: For surfing lovers.
50. Chance: For risk takers.
51. Devil: For friends with a dark side.
52. Darth: For Star Wars fans.
53. Dash: For friends who always seem to be in a hurry.
54. Archangel: For a truly good person.
55. Fire: This works for feisty friends.
56. Daredevil: Great for friends who like to take risks.
57. Majesty: For someone who expects to be treated like a king.
58. Doobie: For friends who like to toke up.
59. Whiskey: You can use alcohol names for your friends.
60. Fruit Loop: For more unusual friends.
61. Lil’ Bit: For a friend who is much younger than you.
62. Dork: For your silly friends.
63. Spiderman: For a friend who can climb like Spiderman.
64. Gangsta: Self-explanatory.
65. Down Under: For an Australian friend or a friend who loves anything Australian.
66. Flamethrower: Great for an exciting, risk-taking friend.
67. Spirit: Great for a friend who is full of spirit.
68. Handsome: For an extremely attractive man.
69. First Mate: For the friend who is your closest companion.
70. Dummy: This is not a a particularly nice nickname for a friend.
71. Fearless Leader: This is an adorable choice for your fearless friends.
72. Hero: Excellent for a heroic friend.
73. Class Clown: This is an obvious choice for a joker.
74. Hammer: This is for someone who is willing to bring down the hammer.
75. Gordo: This is made for chubby friends.
76. Joker: For the jokers among you.
77. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named: This nickname comes from the Harry Potter series.
78. Hefty: This is for a heavier friend, although it is not a particularly nice nickname.
79. Hobbit: This works for a friend who friend you of a hobbit.
80. Jet: This just sounds cool.
81. Romeo: This makes sense for a friend who likes to play the field.
82. Jester: This is for a funny friend.
83. Chevy: Car names can also be nicknames.
84. Knockout: For a boxer.
85. Green Bean: Perfect for a friend who is as tall and thin as a green bean.
86. Kiss Up: For someone who likes to butter up to people in charge.
87. Teacher’s Pet: This is a teasing, slightly mean nickname.
88. Knight: Use this for a guy who always wants to be the hero.
89. Merlin: Perfect for someone who is as wise and magical as Merlin.
90. Kiddo: An excellent choice for the youngest friend in your group.
91. That Guy: Everyone always has “that guy” in the group that others avoid.
92. King: For a guy who wants to be treated like royalty.
93. Prince: This is an alternative to king.
94. Magic: For a friend who loves to play or do magic.
95. Kobe: Perfect for basketball players.
96. Lady Killer: This is a self-explanatory option.
97. Bookworm: For a friend who loves to read.
98. Lover Boy: For a guy who is constantly in love.
99. Heartbreaker: This is a nickname for a guy who always breaks hearts.
100. McDreamy: This is a cute choice.
101. Big Mac: Great for a friend who loves to eat at McDonald’s.
102. Magic Prince: This is a cool nickname.
103. Wonder Boy: This is an interesting nickname.
104. Mister: This is a cute nickname.
105. Ford: Great for a friend who loves Fords.
106. McLovin’: This is a fun option.
107. Bachelor: For the guy who is a constant bachelor.
108. Spinster: Another option for a committed bachelor.
109. McSteamy: This is a fun nickname for a romantic, attractive guy.
110. Sherlock: For a detective or a Sherlock fan.
111. McHottie: Nice one!
112. Braveheart: This name comes from the famous film.
113. Moose: This is a fun choice.
114. Preacher: For a very religious friend.
115. Macho: For a macho, strong guy.
116. Muscles: For a muscular guy.
117. Munchkin: For the youngest guy in your group.
118. Harry Potter: Perfect for Harry Potter friends.
119. Numbnuts: This is for someone who acts before they act or talk.
120. Butterfingers: Perfect for clumsy friends.
121. Maestro: For the guy who is talented at everything.
122. Peter Pan: For someone who will never grow up.
123. Nemo: Adorable!
124. Teddy: For a guy who reminds you of a teddy bear.
125. Nickel: For a guy who counts his pennies.
126. Dragon: Awesome!
127. Nasty: For a gross friend.
128. His Highness: For a guy who acts like a king.
129. Old Man: For the oldest guy in your friend group.
130. Starbuck: Starbuck was technically a girl in Battlestar Galactica, but the nickname is too cool to ignore.
131. O.G.: For the original gangster who started your friend group.
132. Spartan: This is a fun nickname for best friends.
133. Pole: For a tall, thin guy.
134. Ladder: For a guy you would need a ladder to look up to.
135. Starfire: This is a cool-sounding name.
136. Papi: This term of endearment comes from the Spanish language.
137. Hermano: In Spanish, this word means brother.
138. Pokerface: This is for a friend who is good at hiding their emotions.
139. Robin: For a guy who is always the sidekick.
140. Panda: Perfect for a guy who is cuddly like a panda.
141. Hermes: For a guy who runs like he has the winged feet of Hermes.
142. Pinhead: This is not a kind name for a friend.
143. Zeus: For a guy who thinks he is a Greek god.
144. Pookie: This is a silly, fun nickname for best friends.
145. Candle: For a friend who no one can hold a candle to.
146. Pal: This is an excellent choice for your closest pal.
147. Good-Looking: A great nickname for an attractive friend.
148. Papa: This works for the guy who acts like the father or leader of your group.
149. Bro: This nickname is short for brother.
150. Rockstar: This is one of the best fun nicknames for best friends if your friend loves music.
151. Prince Charming: Cute!
152. Boots: A cute name for a guy who always wears cowboy boots.
153. Renegade: For the rebel in your group.
154. Chipmunk: For a young, cute friend who looks like a chipmunk.
155. Razor: This is a fun name for someone with razor-sharp reflexes.
156. Rebel: For a friend who likes to rebel against everything.
157. Pilot: For a friend who always leads the way.
158. Shy One: Great for a shy friend.
159. Pup: This is perfect for cute friends.
160. Mustang: A great name for a friend who reminds you of a wild mustang.
161. Subzero: This is for a guy who seems to give everyone a cold shoulder.
162. Stallion: This is a cool option.
163. Sailor: Nice one!
164. Bright One: This sounds like an ironic name.
165. Soda Pop: This nickname came from the classic novel, the Outsiders.
166. Candy: A silly name for a friend who loves candy.
167. Slick: For a smooth talker.
168. The Monkey King: This name comes from a classic Chinese novel.
169. Sparky: Cute!
170. Trouble Maker: A great name for a friend who always causes trouble.
171. Snake: You better watch out for this sneaky friend.
172. Monster: This is a friend to watch out for.
173. Sport: For a guy who loves playing or watching sports.
174. Allstar: A cute option.
175. Stud: For an attractive guy.
176. Jock: Use this for the jock in your group.
177. Stinky: This is a rather rude nickname, although you could also use it for a guy who goes overboard on cologne.
178. Hellfire: Use this for a friend who is always causing problems.
179. Smiley: For a friend who is all smiles.
180. Richie Rich: A way to tease a friend about being too rich.
181. Nox: This means night in Latin.
182. Stud Muffin: For a strong, hot guy.
183. Oscar the Grouch: If your best friend really hates mornings, this fun nickname can tease him about it.
184. Sunny: This is a fun nickname for best friends who are like a ray of sunshine.
185. Giraffe: Use this for a guy who is as tall as a giraffe.
186. Tater Tot: This is just a cute nickname.
187. Cousin: This is one of the fun nicknames for best friends that is great for a guy who is as close as your family members are.
188. Uncle: Use this for a friend who acts like an uncle to the group.
189. Clever: This name is self-explanatory.
190. Grandpa: Use this to tease the oldest friend in your group.
191. Tarzan: This is a great name for a friend who loves experiencing nature.
192. Pioneer: For a guy who likes to chart his own course in life.
193. Zany: Use this name for a crazy, unusual friend.
194. Frito: For a friend who loves Fritos.
195. Doc: This name just sounds cool.
196. Chuckles: Perfect for a friend who is all smiles.
197. Fury: This is great for a guy who has a fiery temper.
198. Judge: For the guy who seems to judge everyone.
199. Junior: This is a fun nickname for best friends who are younger than you are.
200. Hardware: This is one of the best fun nicknames for best friends who are also techies.