While you want to only have good experiences with your boyfriend, the truth is that every relationship has problems from time to time. If you never disagree about anything, then you probably are not sharing all of your opinions together. From time to time, you or your boyfriend may also make a mistake. Once you get into an argument, it can be hard to find the right words to apologize and say you are sorry. You may say things in an argument that you do not actually mean, which can be difficult to take back. If you have a reason to apologize, these letters to say sorry to your boyfriend can help. All you can do is apologize and promise to never let it happen again. If your love was meant to be, then he will eventually forgive you and you two can move on.
10 Letters to Sorry to Your Boyfriend
1. There are times when I can be obnoxious and come on to strong. Even though I only want to make you happy, I know that I can overboard and seem clingy by sending you too many messages. The reality is that I just like being around you. I think about you constantly and just want to know what you are up to all the time. I know that my constant messages can drive you nuts, and I will really try to work on it. I know that you need your own time and independence, so I will try not to bother you ever second of the day—I just love talking to you and knowing what you are thinking. I am sorry, my love—I will keep trying to do better.
2. I am so sorry for all of the times that I get jealous. Now that I have gotten to know you better, I realize how wonderful and amazing you are. I have realized how lucky anyone would be to have you, so I can easily see why another girl would try to win your heart. While I trust you completely, it seems impossible for me to trust other women because I know just what an amazing catch you are.
From time to time, I make mistakes and feel insecure. I don’t want to be that girl, and I try not to be. All I can do is keep trying to be better and better. I trust you completely, and that will have to be enough. I can’t stop other women from realizing just how amazing you are like I did, so I put my entire faith in you. I want to be the woman who is fun and who experiences the world with you. I want to be someone you look forward to seeing instead of dreading the next argument. I am sorry, and I will try to do my best to deserve you. Be patient with me, please, because I am really trying to be better. I love you.
3. Sometimes, I realize that I just have to swallow my pride. I hate the idea that I could ever do anything that hurts you. Now, I realize that I have made a mistake. While it isn’t easy, I have to muster up the courage to tell you how wrong I was. I was being inconsiderate and selfish in my argument, and you really did not deserve that. I did not stop to think about how you feel and how upset the argument must have made you. Now that I realize my mistakes, I can only ask that you can find it within your heart to forgive me. I cannot promise that I will be perfect, but I can promise that I will always try to deserve you and will keep working on our relationship. You are the most person in my life, and I love you. Please, please forgive me.
4. I cannot express how sorry I am for what happened. When I met you, I promised myself that I would do everything to make you smile. I only wanted to make you happy, but I allowed my own ego to get in the way. While some of the things I said had truth in them, I was rude, mean and inconsiderate in how I expressed myself. I really believe that a good relationship is based on open, considerate communication, and I ruined that goal by getting offended and upset so easily. You did nothing to deserve being treated like this, and I promise that I will never treat you like that again.
5. I will never, ever give up on us. While I know that all couples have arguments from time to time, my goal is to avoid them as much as possible. Even though the fight was stressful, I know that you are the one for me. As much as my ego tries to stop me, I know that I have to apologize. I may have thought that I was totally right at the time, but I realize that I should have been more willing to compromise because you had good points as well. It was selfish and childish for me to think that only my opinion and thoughts mattered. I cannot promise that I will suddenly become a perfect person, but I can promise that I will try to be a better person. All I can do is learn from my mistakes and try my best not to repeat them. I am so, so sorry. Please forgive me.
6. I heard a song the other day that said that sorry is the hardest word to say. I think that the song is wrong because it is very easy to say you are sorry. The harder part is recognizing your mistakes, owning up to them and not repeating them in the future. This is my apology, but it is so much more. I realize all of the mistakes that I have made and my part in the argument. I am willing to work on our relationship and myself to make sure that I do not make those mistakes again. While I ask for your forgiveness, I do not ask you to forget my mistakes because I need to remember them so that I do not make the same mistakes twice. I want to emblazon this mistake in my mind so that I am reminded of all the reasons why I need to avoid the mistake in the future and never hurt you so much again. I am so sorry—please forgive me.
7. I wish that I could take back all of the hurtful words that I said. In an argument, I sometimes get so worked up that I say things out of spite, even when I know that they are untrue or that they deeply hurt someone I love. This is completely unforgivable. As an adult, I should not say things in anger that I would not say normally. You do not deserve that, and I should learn to not do that. Being around you has inspired me to be a better person, and I will do my best to someday deserve your love. I cannot take back the words that I said, but I can promise to try to be a better person. I want to be worthy of your love and to never hurt you again. Please forgive me as I try to be the type of girlfriend who you deserve.
8. Saying I’m sorry is just not enough. I can apologize, but it won’t erase the mistakes I made in the fight. Since you have owned up to your part in the fight, it only makes sense that I would own up to my mistakes as well. I can be immature, childish, impatient and selfish. I say things in anger and spite that I don’t really think just because I know that they will hurt you. I should never, ever act like that, and there is really no excuse. All I want is to be your girlfriend and a part of your life. You are the most important person in the world to me, and I should make sure that I always act like it. I am sorry—please, please forgive me.
9. It isn’t enough to say I’m sorry. Instead, I promise that I will spend each day trying to undo my mistake. I can show you that I am a better person than this and that I deserve your love. I said things that I didn’t mean, and I responded in anger when I should not have done so. I am so sorry, and I will work harder to be the person you deserve to have at your side.
10. I know that I could say that I am sorry a million times, and it still would not remove all the pain that I caused. While I know that it won’t solve the problem, saying I’m sorry is the only thing that I can do. I don’t have any excuses for how I acted or any reason why I should have gotten so angry. All I can do is apologize and promise to do better.